C-STEP 2 ‘Future jobs’ – didactical framework, units and training resources.
IO2 aims at developing the didactical framework, the training (including training structure, training content, methods) and training resources for the study and training exchange programme 2 (C-STEP 2) on the topic ‘Future jobs’.
For IO2 (as for IO3) the working process thus will start with a comprehensive review of literature, media and resources and a needs analysis. The partners from DE, LU, PT and UK will summarise the state of research and development in terms of publications, existing approaches, research initiatives, studies, projects, media, material and experience in form of national report. A transnational synthesis will provide an overview about similarities and specifics of the partner countries and will serve as a starting point to a research-based and practical oriented development of the projects training programmes. The reports will be published at the project’s web portal.
Outcomes of the query on existing resources (i.e. brochures, handouts, e-learning courses, videos etc.) will be considered (and if possible included) in the Academia+ media centre (cf. IO4), so that they will of practical relevance for the project.
In the stage of writing the proposal key challenges have been identified which were the basis for the following very first, preliminary structure of the envisaged 6 units:
Unit 1 – Industry 4.0 and the impact on labour
• The 4th Industrial Revolution – Historical context of Industry 4.0
• Industry 4.0 and the consequences for labour market and economy
• Drivers promoting the change of professions – the evolution of the labour market in the technological context
• Work and Industry 4.0 – The Age of the Intellectual Worker
Unit 2 – Challenges and opportunities for companies with Industry 4.0
• Segment of enterprises in Industry 4.0 – Industry profiles
• Preparation towards Industry 4.0
• Barriers to change
• The Industry gender gap
Unit 3 – Upcoming trends
• Work and virtual technologies: new trends in the labour market and potential impact on employment demographics
• New technologies: 3D Printing, Smart Coins, Cards and Payments, IT Security, Big Data, Analytics etc.
• New business models and new approaches for emerging Markets
• New professions and working conditions:
• New job demands/New worker profiles
• The most impacted and the emerging occupations
Unit 4 – New skills and competences
• Challenges arising from developing future-proof skills for Industry 4.0
• Hard skills on Industry 4.0 (technological skills)
• Soft skills on Industry 4.0 (interdisciplinary skills for future workers)
• News ways of learning
Each unit description will include in introductions and a didactical framework. The units will include recommendations on how to link theory with practice, i.e. in form of study visits, the involvement of representatives from practice (i.e. in form of lectures, work shops etc.) and/or immersive experiences where participants engage with target group and carry out a learning/guidance activity together.
While some units can be used on transnational level and perhaps need only slight adaptations, others might need an overall adaption to the national background, framework, and legislation.
The resources for the ‘C-STEP 2’ will be made available in a digital format. The material will be provided as Open Educational Resources (OER).